Remember how you used to take pictures home for your mum and dad that you made yourself and they delightedly stuck them in pride of place on the fridge door? There is still nothing like getting a present that is hand made.
Some ideas here for ideas so simple that even I did them in the past:
- Make cookies and put them in a cellophane bag or jar tied with a ribbon (52 second version - save some you made earlier or bag repackage or giftwrap some shop bought cookies)
- Make a snow globe with an old jar and figurine (Bon maman jars look particularly good)
- Make sweets like truffles or 52 second chocolate covered nuts or fruit (sugar-free if diabetic)
- Make a bouquet out of wild flowers - fresh or dried
- Make a card - by drawing, decoupage or stamps or stickers
- Make a scarf by knitting, crochet or patchwork felt sewn or bonded with ironed webbing or in under a minute cut out one piece of felt and cut fringes each end
- Make a T shirt with an ironed on design - either a photo or picture found or drawn
- Make an emergency first aid kit - for the driver, biker, mountain walker etc.
- Make a bath fizzer
- Make jewellery from shop or hand made beads (recycled paper beads make unique designs)