Tuesday 7 October 2014

Do Something

UNISON home 
My reaction to the Conservatives getting into power was to rejoin my union Unison (after a lapse during a change of employment). I thought the unions could do with every bit of support they could get and I knew there were many people out there who didn't have the same security in their jobs that I have and would need that support too.

Other direct debits that come out every month are for the NSPCC and Amnesty International. I give Kiva loans,  am a blood donor and buy The Big Issue. I have volunteered doing a variety of projects, from working with under 5s and their parents promoting literacy to working at a homeless shelter to planting trees in the local park.

I buy Fairtrade, recycle and read.

And however much or little I do, there will be people who do more and people who do less. But at least we try to do something.

On Saturday, the 18th of October, I will be on the Britain Needs a Payrise march and rally .

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke/disputed 

No comments:

Post a Comment