Wednesday 16 September 2020

Contact Lenses

Contact Lenses found the perfect home in Reflex Fiction (the name says it all). They publish stories between 180 and 360 words - the perfect place for a story about the lenses we see through,

 'Write what you know' people say. For this story I knew something about...

  • Wearing contact lenses and glasses
  • Shifts in perspective both psychological and physical
  • The cost of things when you're skint
  • Feeling powerless
  • Getting ready to go on demonstrations to protest & marching on the streets

I don't know everything about these subjects and that's where this story began - with something I didn't know about something I did.  

I wrote it in May 2020 when I was ill, when much of the time all I could do was empathize with and support from afar the protests in the US.

BLM Amnesty Int Front Page
Amnesty International  Front Page

No comments:

Post a Comment