Wednesday 22 October 2014

Another bite again.

The doctor looked me in the eye and said, 'I know you're trying to convince me that its nothing to do with your heart but you are going to have to take this seriously.'

I had gone to the doctor with vague worries about my sinuses and a chesty cough (because of pleurisy I had a few years ago) and came out with a prescription for aspirin, beta blockers and GTN, as well as appointments for a blood test and hospital cardiac assessment.

I laugh when I tell the story. And worst thing about it is I can't have caffeine!

But whatever happens I will always savour the moment that I was told by a doctor not to exercise!

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, they say, and some bites are just more palatable than others...and sometimes it takes a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment